Pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Liebster Award!

Exciting news! I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Kelsey at Leather & Lipstick and Toni over at ClarkCouture (thanks again)! I was pretty ecstatic to see that I'd been nominated because I'd seen some of these awards floating around and I thought it was a pretty cool concept. Basically, it's an award given to bloggers with less than 200 followers and it's a great way for small blogs to get a chance in the spotlight. Also, liebster means "dearest" in German and that's pretty adorable.

Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
  • You must link back to the person who nominated you. 
  • You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you. 
  • After completing these questions you must nominate 5-11 bloggers and give them 11 questions of your choice to answer. (Must have less than 200 followers)
  • You are not allowed to nominate the person who nominated you.
  • Make sure you let the nominee's know that they have been nominated and provide a link to your post for them, so they are able to learn about it. 
Soooo, here are the answers to Toni's questions:
1) Do you have any pets? If so, what are they? I have a betta fish named Marco (you can see him in this post), who I've had for about a year. He's a pretty cool fish. There's also a neighborhood dog and cat that hang around our house quite a bit, but I don't know if you count those since they aren't technically ours.
2) What is your best childhood memory? That's a tough one! Umm...I think my whole childhood is kind of my best childhood memory, if that makes sense. I've been blessed with a fun, crazy family, so there were never many dull moments. 
3) If you only had 24 hours to live, what would you spend your time doing? Another hard one. I'd spend a good bit of time with my family and friends, and then I guess I'd give try to make as many people as possible happy. Like giving away my clothes/money/possessions to those who need it. Nothing crazy, like trying to do every single item on my bucket list like they do in those movie montages!
4) What is your biggest fashion must-have? Well, I'm not super fashion-savvy, so I'd have to say a pair of basic skinny jeans. You can dress them up or down, plus they can be pretty comfy, which is one of the main things I look for in clothes!
5) What was your biggest fashion/beauty/hair error as a child? Ohhhh, just one? I guess my worst fashion/beauty/hair-crime would have to be my hair from about 5th-8th grade. My hair is super thick and has these weird wavy curls, so I didn't really know how to do anything with it (I'm still trying to figure it out). I resorted to terrible buns and braids and it was a bad time. 
6) What is your favorite food? Definitely pizza. Especially when my mom makes it from scratch!
7) You have 60 seconds in your favorite store, what do you grab and why?  My favorite store is probably Hobby Lobby, so I'd probably try and grab a bunch of paint, paintbrushes, those fancy Micron pens, etc. etc. I loooove arts and crafts (I'm a small child at heart), so 60 seconds in Hobby Lobby would be amazing.
8) What inspired you to become a blogger? I've always loved writing. I had a few blogs when I was younger, but they were mainly just viewed by my mom (thanks, mom). I guess it was just a combined love for writing, design, and of course the Internet that made me want to start blogging for real. 
9) Do you have any tips for new bloggers? I'm still a new blogger myself, but I guess I'd say to not give up. It may be discouraging when nobody reads your posts or you aren't getting any feedback, but be patient and keep blogging! It'll come eventually.
10) Do you have any bad habits? Of course. I pop my knuckles a lot and I mess with my hair way too much.
11) If you could have a dinner party with 3 celebrity guests, who would you invite and why? Jennifer Lawrence would definitely get the first invite, because she seems like she would be really fun to hang out with. Next would be Pope Francis, because he's pretty awesome. And last but not least, I would probably invite John Green because he seems like a really cool person. It'd be a pretty great dinner party.

Here are my nominees:
Good Girl Gone Brum
Polka Dots and Whiskers
Lipgloss and Glitter Drops
Aicha Vienne
Lasi Locks

Aaaand here are my questions for the nominees:
1) If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be and why?
2) What is your favorite TV show?
3) If you could have any job, regardless of money, to do for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4) What is your favorite past-time?
5) Are you a cat or dog person (or both)?
6) What is your favorite part of blogging?
7) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
8) What is your favorite song/band?
9) Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?
10) What's your favorite blog?
11) What's the best book you've ever read?

Thanks again to Toni and Kelsey for the nominations and happy blogging!

2 comments :

  1. I love these sorts of posts! Can I come to your dinner party if that ever happens? Surely there is space for one more? ;)

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...