Pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Thoughts

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
source
These somewhat slow days of summer have allowed lots of time for me to do some thinking, mainly about my blog. When I first started the Teenage Digest (only about one or two months ago), I didn't really have any idea of what I wanted it to be. I like fashion and beauty and all that, but I'm not really an expert in those fields. I like DIY projects and crafts, but I don't want a blog based solely on those things. I like taking pictures, but I don't want photography to feel like a chore. I've been confused as to what I want out of my blog, how to gain readers, etc. etc. 
Then, when reading one of my all-time favorite blogs, Lauryn's Notebook, I came across a line that hit home:
"I'm simply here to document my teenage years and share my simple, undeterred love for writing."
That is exactly why I made this blog. To share about my life and interests and projects and to write. I should try to base my posts off of what I would like to read. My new goal for this blog is to simply do what makes me happy, and not stress out over silly things like followers or views. While it's nice to get feedback and everything, I'm content with my three-hundred-and-something views and my two comments. 
I just wanted to share those few thoughts with you, to maybe remind you of the joy that can come from blogging. 
Also, be sure to check out Lauryn's blog here. It's pretty great.
Hope you're all having a great day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...