Pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Fault in Not Reading The Fault in Our Stars

Normally, I pride myself in reading books before they become popular. I don't do it on purpose, it just happens, like with The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, and Divergent.
I'm sad to say I have fallen down on the job with John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. I heard about it before the movie came along and it really blew up, but I didn't read it for one reason:
I'm hate emotions.
Well, mostly the whole "sad" thing. I just really, really hate being sad (it doesn't help that I'm an ugly crier).
I knew that the book was a love story about two teens with cancer, and seeing as no book nowadays has a happy ending, I figured the book would inevitably make me sad. So that's why I haven't read TFIOS.
Until now.
I decided to get over it and read the darn book, mostly because I couldn't stand not having read such a popular novel. Although, I never finished the Twilight series. But I digress. I finally got the book and read over half of it in about five hours.
Now, I have the authority to say that if you are avoiding TFIOS because you're an emotion-phobe, like me, stop fighting it. It's bound to happen eventually, so go ahead and give in to the lure of Hazel Grace and Gus and fall in love with them and then cry your eyes out. It's okay. You're certainly not the only one.
As a side-note: John Green is also brilliant and funny and happens to be a famous YouTuber and has a Tumblr. Name one other best-selling author that has a Tumblr.
But trust me, you won't regret reading this book.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...