Pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Meditation?





















I'll admit it, I am a pretty anxious person, especially during the school year. I get stressed out and I worry a lot, and as studies have shown, stress and anxiety can be bad for your health. There are many solutions, but I don't have time for a lot of them or they just don't interest me.
My mom has recently started meditating and has tried to get me to join her, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to dive right into that just yet. Meditation is very stress-relieving, but it's not quite up my alley. So, in a quest to find my own form of meditation, I came across Zentangle®.
Zentangle is a form of art where the artist just kind of draws, but the end result isn't really a picture of anything specific. It's a tangle of different lines and patterns that all come together to make something really interesting. And the cool part of Zentangle is that it's a form of meditation (hence the "zen").
The Zentangle Method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas (you can learn more at Zentangle.com) and is a really innovative form of meditation for those who lack time or don't like to sit still. In this art form, you focus on each pen stroke and if you make a mistake, there's no need to worry! You can just come up with a new pattern and turn the mistake into something new.
I'm a pretty creative person, so I immediately fell in love with Zentangle. And for someone who lacks a ton of money, one upside is that all you need is a pen and paper. I find it super relaxing , and I often focus so intently while Zentangling that I tune out everything that's happening around me. That certainly is a bonus.
If you need inspiration, check out my Zentangle board on Pinterest here or look at the official Zentangle blog here.
Happy tangling!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...